Monday, November 24, 2008

...No, It Can't.

I'm still feeling pretty nauseated, although with the interesting twist that it's now become a sort of inverse morning sickness--one in which I feel fine when I get up, do fairly well at breakfast, eat OK at lunch and then descend into a spiral of nausea that culminates in lying in bed in the fetal position at night, wishing for a swift deliverance.

Another interesting symptom I'm having is an odd, sort of metallic taste in my mouth which apparently isn't uncommon.

And heavy, tender breasts are pretty much a given, but I'm perplexed to note that the advice on the subject seems to be focused on increasing your time spent in a bra--wear a snug bra, wear it longer (like overnight??), wear it more of the time. I've noticed that the only relief I get is at the end of the day, when I take my bra off--so just on a whim, I tried wearing a sweater with nothing but a camisole under it today, and lo and behold, I find myself nearly symptom-free on that front. Which makes intuitive sense to me, even if it does fly in the face of all the advice I can find.

So in other words--I'm hanging in there, but excited for the days ahead when I've got more to show for my gestating than a sour stomach and a pitiful appetite.

No comments: