Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Nausea Has Landed

I've now progressed from an "odd feeling" to full-on nausea and gagging (though thank goodness, not vomiting) for several hours of every day. Here are some things that have made me gag in the past few days:

-Holding a warm urine specimen at work
-Catching Scratches chewing on a piece of pork fat we'd left out in the kitchen
-Hearing Matt talk about cutting up a deer
-Opening the fridge and seeing...all that...food
-Just talking about some of the more off-putting smells that come up at work

I haven't actually been to work since the nausea has really taken off, so it will be really interesting to see how that goes. We made up a batch of homemade ginger beer and sipping that seems to help somewhat (unless I get a piece of ginger stuck on my tongue, and then all bets are off), but mostly I just have to wait for it to pass. Ick.

One of my other pressing symptoms is a terrible indecision. I'm usually pretty opinionated, and fairly intuitive about my decisions. Not now. Just the decision of something really basic like "What should we do first--this or this?" is enough to make me feel panicked and helpless. Which would be fine, if only my life or my job or, you know, impending parenthood didn't require any kind of decisionmaking.

No comments: