Friday, October 31, 2008

Or....Not.

Just when I was pondering the irony of an anovulatory cycle when Fertility Awareness Husband and I had decided we were open to the idea of adding a little one to the Fertility Awareness Family, my charting suddenly departed from the confusing pattern it had followed while we were traveling, and instead started looking more like this:

Which really looks a lot like this:

As confirmed a couple of days later by this:


So what about my supposed anovulation? When I looked at my chart more closely, it was really only 2 or 3 aberrant temps (while we were traveling, no less) that made it look like my pattern was...not a pattern. If you cover those up (as I've done below), it's actually a very distinguishable pattern of low temps, followed by high temps. And given that we were monitoring other signs, trying to conceive, and, you know, you get the picture, we realized that the odds were (hopefully) in our favor. I was confident enough that by the day I expected my period and didn't get it, we went ahead and bought a pregnancy test.So. Life after birth control really begins...

No comments: