Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back, and Confused

Photo by B Tal

Well, we've successfully been to the West Coast and back. As predicted, my temperatures were all over the map, but I thought I was fine even so, because I had three days of totally obvious eggwhite-quality cervical fluid, up to and including the day we flew back. We all know what to expect next, right? Thermal shift!

However, it's now been two days since then; and while I didn't have a solid baseline to go off of before, both of my temps since returning have been LOWER than the rest of this cycle. In Seattle, they were up in the 97.6-97.7 range. Given the change in time and activity, I would not have been surprised if they'd stayed the same, which could possibly have been interpreted as an actual net rise, since I wasn't taking my temperature at 2am (5am East Coast time, when I usually do it), and knowing that temperature rises about 1/10 of a degree for each 30-60 minutes you sleep in. Instead, I've had temps around 97.0--my previous baseline.

So, I have to figure that my body geared up to ovulate, but possibly because of the traveling and time change, didn't actually do it. Because even if, say, I were pregnant, I should still have had a temperature rise (and then high temperatures lasting for weeks). The fact that my temperature, if anything, has dropped seems like it can only mean that I haven't ovulated.

Yet.

I guess we'll just stay on the lookout for it.

No comments: