Wednesday, May 20, 2009

32 week picture


Once again...I look at the last picture we took and it makes me think I looked downright skinny! Obviously I've increased in size yet again since the 24 week picture, and these days anytime anybody asks when I'm due and I tell them, I'm met with raised eyebrows, incredulous looks, or comments like "Are you sure your dates aren't off?" or "Do you think it might be twins?" (Yes, and no.) My measurements are right on (fundal height of ~33cm at just over 32 weeks), so I don't really have an explanation of why I'm carrying so big. Some days I feel it more than others; after we moved, I had several days of seriously puffy feet/hands/ankles, backaches, and aching feet, but I seem to have normalized again and am actually feeling quite good. During the same period, I had another bout with feeling like I might be starting the first twinges of a UTI (possibly due to dehydration), but my cranberry/blueberry juice and Vitamin C regimen has me good as new again--except that I have a few more pounds of baby sitting on my bladder than I did last time.

Otherwise, we're doing really well, and starting to kick our preparations into high gear. In addition to the move to a bigger apartment (though our plan is still for the baby to sleep with us--the extra room will function as an office/spare bedroom/repository for all the baby's gear), my work threw us a shower a couple of weeks ago and we were thrilled to receive a variety of cloth diapers (including BumGenius, FuzziBunz, and plenty of unbleached prefolds) and covers, all of which we need to launder to get them ready for use, as well as plenty of baby clothes and other essentials. We found an Ikea dresser which matches our bed, for $30 on Craigslist. We're planning to use it for the baby's things, and it's also the perfect height for a changing table. Double duty is a definite plus when space is limited!

Other than that, my size and the frequency of Braxton-Hicks contractions I have would leave me unsurprised if this baby showed up a week or two before his or her due date, so we're anticipating having everything ready to roll by the end of June, just in case!

No comments: