Wednesday, December 3, 2008

If It's Not One Thing...

...it's another. First of all, I've been reluctant to say this so far, but after 3 pretty nausea-free days, I'm cautiously optimistic that the B6/Unisom/Zantac combination is working. I've been eating pretty regular amounts at regular intervals, and while I'm still occasionally gaggy, I haven't thrown up either, and the crippling, stuck-on-the-couch-in-misery nausea seems to be a thing of the past. I hope.

However, The Tired has kicked in full force. It's not so much when I'm going about my business, like at work or doing something active at home, but if I slow/sit down for as much as a minute I'm overtaken by this delicious weariness that says seductively how nice it would be just to lie my head down, just for a minute, and the next thing I know I've slept away the evening (or, in today's case, an entire 7-hour day). In my defense, I am just coming off of working nights, and I am using an OTC sleep aid as a nausea remedy (but, I'm using that at night, which is when I seem to have MORE trouble sleeping, so honestly I'm not inclined to blame that), and there IS a nasty cold/flu bug going around at work (which I've found myself much less likely to pick up if I listen to my body's demands for extra sleep). So I'm not really complaining--and, as I said, it's a sleepiness that just feels so good to give into--but merely noting that it's here.

And I will take it over feeling pukish ANY day.

No comments: