Monday, December 15, 2008

The Field That Rests

photo by i,max

I did throw up once this weekend, but have otherwise mostly held the nausea and vomiting in check. The sleepiness? Another matter entirely! Nine hours a night plus about two hours in naps seems to be what feels good to me these days...some days I'm able to swing that, others, well, life gets in the way. One the other hand, I came across this quote today:

“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.”
~ Ovid

and I think it's very applicable here. I try to keep in mind that I have one chance to grow this baby the best that I can, and nobody else can do it for me. I'm very fortunate to have a husband that feels the same way, which means he's willing to do pretty much everything else for me! Rather than relying on doctors and anxiously getting a bunch of expensive tests to try to insure a healthy pregnancy and baby, I'd rather rely on giving my body what it tells me it needs.

Even if that's an absurd amount of sleep (and orange juice).

No comments: